Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Retail Sales Consultant in Buffalo, New York
The Retail Sales Consultant position is responsible for increasing and retaining direct pay health plans sold to individual consumers utilizing consultative selling skills. This position is fully dedicated to the Health Plan’s in-person retail sales/service locations (examples include, but aren't limited to Resource Centers, company lobbies and/or sales kiosks).
The Retail Sales Consultant position is also responsible for driving traffic to their respective retail location through increased exposure within a given sales region along with collaborating and tracking ROI with the local Retail Sales team members - includes but is not limited to Field Sales Representatives, Medicare Retention Specialist Community Engagement Program Manager and Marketplace Facilitated Enroller with ongoing sales support.
As a visible representative of Direct Pay Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement programs, Individual Market Qualified Health Plans and Safety Net programs, the incumbent professionally represents the Organization and its offerings, engendering confidence and commitment to professional standards.
• Initiates face-to-face sales opportunities with prospective and existing direct pay consumers to gain and retain market share in Medicare, Individual Market, and Safety Net products through new enrollments, plan renewals and plan changes in retail channel locations.
• Partners with Retail Sales Team and other supporting departments to identify opportunities to optimize usage of their designated retail location(s).
• Develops and executes retail plans to increase/enhance consumer engagement and satisfaction, and support other Health Plan business goals associated with all direct pay segments.
• Proactively prospects sales leads through various referral sources and community engagement techniques.
• Manages outlined monthly goals and adheres to pre-established quality measurements.
• Collaboratively understands and ensures successful utilization of Retail Sales team’s sales and marketing plans to meet growth and retention goals.
• Ability to individually manage role within a matrix organization, engaging with Retail Sales Management & teams, as appropriate.
• Actively participates and collaborates with Retail Sales organizational and team staff meetings, trainings and workshops, as appropriate.
• Employs professional consultative sales methodology to present product offerings within the context of a given prospect’s needs.
• Serves as a high-quality, clear, and concise communicator of direct pay product options to drive consumer understanding and confidence.
• Qualifies Medicare prospects onsite per Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Regulations and closes sale wherever possible and as appropriate.
• Collects/reviews family income and household information used to determine eligibility for above named product portfolio including Adjusted Premium Tax Credit (APTC) and Cost Sharing (CS) for individuals and families.
• Assists individuals and families with securing and providing required documentation to demonstrate age, residency, and income as is required by the Marketplace.
• Communicates health insurance program options, fundamentals of all the health insurance products, benefits, and associated costs based on analysis of the applicant’s situation.
• Improves customer retention through on-boarding best practices defined as part of the assistor process. Acts as a member advocate for the individual to the Marketplace. Applies the rules and regulations of the marketplace to the individual’s situation and provides open communication on application process between the parties.
• Reads, interprets and applies the Marketplace Facilitated Enroller (MFE) Training Manual rules and regulations when dealing with current or potential members.
• Completes and submits enrollment forms for closed sales within the specified timeline.
• Establishes relationships and partnerships with key partner groups, including senior organizations, community centers, residences, associations, support groups and others to drive new business.
• Maintains consistent and reliable reporting and sales call tracking.
• Recommends and initiates changes and improvements to enhance member satisfaction.
• Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement through sharing of best practices across the entire Retail Market sales organization.
• Maintains current and accurate knowledge of the Health Plan’s direct pay plans, health care financing and delivery systems, CMS & NY DOH requirements, industry/consumer trends that could impact managed health care.
• Maintains knowledge of direct pay products and competitive positioning, options and pricing so as to assist in educating targeted population. Also, possesses detailed knowledge of competitors’ offerings to better understand the direct pay landscape and the company’s competitive advantage.
• Develops sales opportunities with Medicare and Medicare-eligible individuals by means of personal and business partner referrals, leads generated via direct mail and Direct Response Television Marketing (DRTV).
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Specific to Sales Account Maintenance Responsibilities
• Researches, interprets and responds to inquiries from internal and external customers and business partners concerning our products, services and policies in accordance with CMS, Corporate Service strategy, NCQA, and other legislative requirements.
• Identifies, documents, and implements quality improvement processes to resolve issues as brought forward either internally or externally and ensures all inquiries will be responded to within 24 hours and in most cases resolved.